Due to our continued growth and success we have multiple opportunities available in our Engineering teams across our Wrexham sites.
Multi Skilled Shift Engineers - Due to our continued growth and success we have multiple opportunities available in our Engineering teams across our Wrexham sites.
What would you get for working here?
If you have the engineering experience and skills we need then you will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £45,003.63 p/a
- Combined Pension contributions (10% min)
- Death in Service (4x Gross Basic Salary)
- 21 shifts holiday entitlement
- Aviva Private health care scheme
- £500 refer-a-friend scheme
- Access to exclusive employee benefits and discounts platform hosted by Reward Gateway
- Excellent coffee machines available free-of-charge
- Professional engineering development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
- Great opportunity for career development.
What would you be doing?
As a Shift Engineer you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities which will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring there is a safe environment for those who work in, or visit, any of our manufacturing facilities.
- Effective delivery of proactive, planned-preventative engineering maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
- Effective delivery of reactive engineering maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
- Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement engineering changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies and energy optimisation.
- Supporting the introduction of new equipment to our market-leading production facilities as part of our continued drive for innovation.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
- Continuous professional development through engineering or industry specific training.
- Working with our technical team to ensure audit readiness at all times.
- Working jointly alongside our projects engineering team
- Hours of work are continental 12.25 hour shifts on a rotating days/nights basis – 5:45 till 6:00
What skills and qualifications would you need?
To be successful as an Engineer at the Village Bakery you will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar engineering role
- Qualified electrically or mechanically (or time served) with demonstrable experience to prove you are a multi-skilled engineer.
- Proven desire and ability to deliver success.
- Passion to learn new machinery and engage with machine manufacturers to build your engineering skills and competence.
- Great communicator.
- A true problem solver in all areas.
- Engineering experience in a food manufacturing environment
So, who are we?
If you haven’t heard of us before we are a family owned and managed Craft Bakery producing an award-winning range of Bread, Morning Goods, Pies and gluten free products.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1964 and since then we have grown in success due to our reputation for quality, innovation and technical experience. As a result of this continued growth, we now operate from a number of world class and well invested bakeries in and around Wrexham, including our dedicated Gluten free site ‘Gluten Freedom’ and state-of-the-art 'Super Bakery at Ash Road.
If you would like to join our award-winning, quality-driven team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!