Technical Manager - Due to our continued growth and success we are looking for two Technical Managers to join our Technical teams based in Wrexham (LL13 9UG). The hours of work for these roles are Monday to Friday 08:00hrs to 17:00hrs.
What would you get for working here?
If you have the Technical Management experience and skills we are looking for then you will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary (DOE)
- 10% Pension Contribution
- 33 days annual leave (Inc of Bank Holidays)
- Private Health Care
- 4 x Death in Service
- £500 refer-a-friend scheme
- Access to an exclusive employee benefits/discounts platform where you can save £££s on your everyday spends
- Excellent coffee machines available free-of-charge
- Professional development opportunities and qualifications
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
- Great opportunity for career development
What would you be doing?
Our Vision as a business is to be the “Go-to” supplier of bakery products, working nationally with retailers such as M&S and Waitrose on their premium private label range and regionally through the Village Bakery brand. In achieving this vision, we want to be recognised as a family business that continually invests in the future through the development of our people, quality and food safety culture, equipment and processes.
As a Technical Manager you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities these will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct management responsibility of the bakery Technical department (Technical Officer and QA Technicians), you will lead and motivate your team in monitoring and evaluating raw materials, product, processing systems & bakery practices. You will also take an active lead in generating and building a quality culture in the bakery. This will include :-
- Understanding and applying relevant technical standards and codes of practice so that Village Bakery, Customer, BRC and legal requirements are achieved and maintained. Supported by Group Systems compliance officer.
- Ensuring that the requirements of HACCP are implemented, maintained and achieved. Involvement in the evaluation of risks and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product or raw material
- Understanding, implementing and reviewing quality management systems associated with the production of our food to the agreed safety and quality standards. This will include monitoring and ensuring CCP and QCP adherence.
- Implementing, maintaining and reviewing an audit system to ensure that critical procedures for product safety, legality and quality are in place and complied with. In addition you will review all internal findings, identify trends and implement appropriate preventative measures
- Managing pest control contracts and supporting all recommendations, proofing and corrective actions.
- Supporting the Group Head of Technical and wider business in response to Customer and/or Raw Material complaints ensuring effective root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence.
- Managing the micro and sampling programs to ensure the team are performing to their best whilst promoting a culture of technical excellence across the department and the business.
What skills and qualifications would you need?
To be a successful Technical Manager within the Village Bakery you will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- A proven track record in Technical or QA Management role working within an FMCG, preferably food, environment.
- Proficient in working with major retailers in a customer-facing capacity
- Good understanding of food manufacturing processes and food science
- Strong people manage skills with experience of leading a team
- In depth knowledge of the BRC Global Standard for Food as well as major retailer codes of practice.
- HACCP Level 3 or above
- You will need to have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing workload, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages
- Degree educated in a scientific, food science or related discipline
- Recognised Internal Auditing qualification
So, who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are a family owned and managed Craft Bakery producing an award-winning range of Bread, Morning Goods, Pies and gluten free products.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1964 and since then we have grown in success due to our reputation for quality, innovation and technical experience. As a result of this continued growth, we now operate from a number of world class and well invested bakeries in and around Wrexham, including our dedicated Gluten free site ‘Gluten Freedom’ and our state-of-the-art ‘Super Bakery’ at Ash Road.
If you would like to join our award-winning, quality-driven team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!