Due to our continued growth and success we are looking for Shift Managers to join our Days and Nights Operations teams in Wrexham (LL13 9UG). The hours of work for this roles are 4on 4off 05:45hrs to 18:00hrs days / 17:45hrs to 06:00hrs nights.
What would you get for working here?
If you have the Shift Management experience and skills we are looking for then you will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of up to £36,036 days / £37,838 nights
- 8% Pension Contribution
- 21 days annual leave (Inc of Bank Holidays)
- £500 refer-a-friend scheme
- Access to an exclusive employee benefits/discounts platform where you can save £££s on your everyday spends
- Professional development opportunities and qualifications
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
- Great opportunity for career development (our Group NPD Manager joined the team in a graduate role and has since progressed to head up the entire function)
What would you be doing?
Our Vision as a business is to be the “Go-to” supplier of bakery products, working nationally with retailers such as M&S and Waitrose on their premium private label range and regionally through the Village Bakery brand. In achieving this vision, we want to be recognised as a family business that continually invests in the future through the development of our people, quality and food safety culture, equipment and processes.
As a Shift Manager you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities these will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a specified team to ensure that products are manufactured to quality standards at minimum cost in line with CCP, GMP and H&S.
- To support the Village Bakery values and foster a culture driven by people engagement, safety, quality and the desire to improve.
Duties / Accountabilities
- Health & Safety - To encourage a safe working environment for all employees by supporting and enforcing standards as set out in the Group Health and Safety policy.
- Quality Standards - Ensure team are performing to quality standards in terms of GMP, food safety, product quality and presentation and housekeeping.
- Performance Management - Manage performance and attendance of the team including formal disciplinary action, performance review, absence management (including return to work procedures).
- NPD - Participate in NPD processes and production trials where required to ensure that they run successfully
- Continuous Improvement - Manage improvement activities including KPIs, waste management and production control processes and associated administration and record keeping.
- Recruitment - In conjunction with HR participate in staff recruitment and induction processes and ensure new recruits receive the appropriate care, attention and engagement especially during the early stages of employment.
- Administration - Carry out necessary administrative tasks and produce data / reports as required
- Communication - Undertake team briefs on a daily basis that focus on key performance measures aligned to local productivity and performance and to wider business issues.
- Adherence to Plan through Team - Ensure that their team are correctly deployed and are performing to standards in adherence to the plan. Manage breaks and the shift changeover process to ensure it does not disrupt productivity and workflow.
- Monitor KPI's and quality standards on an hour-by-hour basis to ensure optimal delivery of the production plan.
Training & Development - Identify training needs for each team member i.e. the specific skills needed to perform all activities associated with their roles:
- Safely in accordance with safe systems of work
- In accordance with applicable food safety/technical standards
- In accordance with standard operating procedures to maximise productivity and reduce waste
What skills and qualifications would you need?
To be a successful Specifications Technologist you will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience working in a Food Manufacturing Supervisory or Management role
- Good understanding of food manufacturing processes
- You will need to have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing workload, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a focus on quality control and continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Bakery sector experience
- Recognised People Management qualification
So, who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are a family owned and managed Craft Bakery producing an award-winning range of Bread, Morning Goods, Pies and gluten free products.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1964 and since then we have grown in success due to our reputation for quality, innovation and technical experience. As a result of this continued growth, we now operate from a number of world class and well invested bakeries in and around Wrexham, including our dedicated Gluten free site ‘Gluten Freedom’ and our state-of-the-art ‘Super Bakery’ at Ash Road.
If you would like to join our award-winning, quality-driven team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!