Frozen Demand Planner - Due to our continued growth and success we are looking for a Frozen Demand Planner to join our Commercial team in Wrexham (LL13 9UG). The hours of work for this role are Monday to Friday 08:00hrs to 17:00hrs.
If you have the Frozen Demand Planning experience and skills we are looking for then you will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £35,000
- 8% Combined Pension Contribution
- 28 days annual leave (Inc of Bank Holidays)
- £500 refer-a-friend scheme
- Access to an exclusive employee benefits/discounts platform where you can save £££s on your everyday spends
- Excellent coffee machines available free-of-charge
- Professional development opportunities and qualifications
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
- Great opportunity for career development
What would you be doing?
Our Vision as a business is to be the “Go-to” supplier of bakery products, working nationally with retailers such as M&S and Waitrose on their premium private label range and regionally through the Village Bakery brand. In achieving this vision, we want to be recognised as a family business that continually invests in the future through the development of our people, quality and food safety culture, equipment and processes.
As a Frozen Demand Planner you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities these will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing our ever growing Frozen (and Foodservice) business through effective planning and communication with Commercial, Operations and customer supply chain contacts.
- Weekly planning of production schedules to maintain stock cover levels within key customers, tracking cover daily and working with Bakery Managers to manage any changes required. Communicating changes to the Commercial team and customers where appropriate.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to agree the priority stocks to come out of our storage into customers to maintain supply.
- Working with the Bakery Managers to schedule the production of specific customer purchase orders.
- Seasonal event planning to have a jointly agreed freeze plan with operations and customers; e.g. Summer and Christmas Rolls, Pancake Day, Hot Cross Buns at Easter, Blini’s at Christmas and any new B2B business wins.
- Work in close partnership with the Bakery Management teams to ensure efficient planning and production schedules
What skills and qualifications would you need?
To be a successful Frozen Demand Planner you will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent planning skills, combining data from internal and external sources
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Able to build good working relationships with internal colleagues and external customers
- Able to demonstrate a high level of ownership of an issue/project/area of responsibility
- Has a clear understanding of the company strategy which is demonstrated in interactions with internal and external customers
- Has an understanding of the overall sector(s) and how this can impact on the business
- Understands the KPIs and key behaviours required
- Demonstrates awareness of financial implications of decisions / actions
- A good understanding of manufacturing and supply chain
- Is tenacious and persistent in achieving results at pace
- Resilient under pressure and works to overcome obstacles quickly and thoroughly
- Has a positive mind-set and is performance driven
- Creates and builds rapport at all levels internally and externally
So, who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are a family owned and managed Craft Bakery producing an award-winning range of Bread, Morning Goods, Pies and gluten free products.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1964 and since then we have grown in success due to our reputation for quality, innovation and technical experience. As a result of this continued growth, we now operate from a number of world class and well invested bakeries in and around Wrexham, including our dedicated Gluten free site ‘Gluten Freedom’ and our state-of-the-art ‘Super Bakery’ at Ash Road.
If you would like to join our award-winning, quality-driven team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!