Monday to Friday
Due to our continued growth and success we are looking for an Engineering Supervisor to join our Engineering team in Wrexham (LL13 9UG). The hours of work for this role are Monday to Friday 08:00hrs to 17:00hrs, however, flexibility will be required to the needs of the business.
What would you get for working here?
If you have the Engineering Supervisor experience and skills we are looking for then you will receive a total reward package that includes:
• A competitive salary of £47,202.50 p/a
• 10% Pension Contribution
• 4 x Death in Service
• Private Health Insurance (Family)
• 28 days annual leave (Inc of Bank Holidays)
• £500 refer-a-friend scheme
• Access to an exclusive employee benefits/discounts platform where you can save £££s on your everyday spends
• Professional development opportunities and qualifications
• A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
• Great opportunity for career development
What would you be doing?
Our Vision as a business is to be the “Go-to” supplier of bakery products, working nationally with retailers such as M&S and Waitrose on their premium private label range and regionally through the Village Bakery brand. In achieving this vision, we want to be recognised as a family business that continually invests in the future through the development of our people, quality and food safety culture, equipment and processes. ??
As an Engineering Supervisor you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities these will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring there is a safe environment for those who work in, or visit, any of our manufacturing facilities.
• Developing and leading a team of shift engineers, giving them the opportunities to be their best through appraisal, mentoring and performance management.
• Through effective direction of the team, delivery of proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
• Through effective direction of the team, efficient reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
• Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement to maximise plant efficiencies and energy optimisation.
• Managing contractor performance whilst on site to ensure the most effective and efficient fix.
• Supporting the introduction of new equipment to our market- leading production facilities as part of our continued drive for innovation.
• Managing the workload and capacity of the team resource.
• Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
• Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
• Working with our technical team to ensure audit readiness at all times.
• Working jointly alongside our projects engineering team.
What skills and qualifications would you need?
To be a successful Engineering Supervisor you will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
• Demonstrable experience within a similar people and stakeholder management role.
• Time served multi-skilled engineer as this role will require hands-on support where required.
• Great communicator.
• A true problem solver in all areas.
• Experience in lean manufacturing principles.
• Experience in a food manufacturing environment.
So, who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are a family owned and managed Craft Bakery producing an award-winning range of Bread, Morning Goods, Pies and gluten free products.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1964 and since then we have grown in success due to our reputation for quality, innovation and technical experience. As a result of this continued growth, we now operate from a number of world class and well invested bakeries in and around Wrexham, including our dedicated Gluten free site ‘Gluten Freedom’ and our state-of-the-art ‘Super Bakery’ at Ash Road.
If you would like to join our award-winning, quality-driven team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!
SHARE THIS ROLE